Pet products retailer PetSmart (PETM), one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated specialty retail stocks, has found success in its big-box pet store model. The company currently operates more than 1,000 stores that cater to the needs of Americans' pets, from pet food and toys to grooming and even veterinary services. A 12% dividend hike in PetSmart puts the company's current payout at 14 cents per share right now.
One of the most attractive aspects of PetSmart's business is its product mix. Because more than half of sales are generated by consumables, the company has a recurring revenue stream that's largely immune from recessionary pressures. While a minute portion of revenues comes from actual pet sales, those pets are a big driver of traffic into stores -- and more important, a driver of the firm's hard goods sales.PetSmart currently enjoys strong margins in the retail space, buoyed largely by its ability to effectively compete with peers who can't offer the same breadth of products and services in one location. With a strong balance sheet position in 2011, expect the firm's push for dividend payout increases to continue. PetSmart is one of the top-yielding specialty retail stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV