NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- New Gold (NGD),Endeavour Silver (EXK) and Patriot Coal (PCX) are among a few mining stocks that outperformed the S&P 500 Metals and Mining Index last week gaining 5% to 10% vs. 3% increase registered by the index.
Most of the these stocks ended the week in green and a few of them are poised for further gains in the upcoming weeks, based on analysts' consensus estimates, company fundamentals and the performance of the underlying metals.
Starting on the next page, we look at five metal and mining stocks, which have been ranked in terms of one-week returns, highest to least.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV