SAN DIEGO ( TheStreet) -Each morning, Dan Fitzpatrick at RealMoney.com, talks about three stocks on CNBC's "Fast Money" and "Mad Money" and gives his thoughts on how investors can use those ideas to grow their money. Today's stocks include : Dupont (DD), Apple (AAPL),and Navios Maritime (NM),
On Thursday, Cramer featured Dupont on "Mad Money." The stock bounced off the 200 moving day average before heading upwards. Fitzpatrick said he is not sure which way the stock will head so he focused on managing risk. Long term, he is concerned about which way the overall economy is headed but in the short-term, he said to look at $48.78 as the trading low. As long as the stock stays above this low, he likes the stock. If it breaks out above the $51.32 mark, Fitzpatrick said he sees more room for upside. Still he recommended trading with discretion.
The next stock Fitzpatrick looked at was Apple, which Joe Terranova spoke about on "Fast Money." The stock was up nearly three percent on Thursday but Fitzpatrick said he sees a lot of downside, and that the stock may be just starting a downward trend. Fitzpatrick is currently long Apple but if it heads down near $306, he recommended getting out.
The last stock Fitzpatrick looked at was Navios Maritime. Last night on "Fast Money," Karen Finerman liked the stock as a long-term trade. Fitzpatrick said the stock, which is trading just under $5 dollars doesn't have a lot of downside in it and if people do start buying the stock, there is a lot of potential for upside.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV