Carlyle Reportedly Plans $1 Billion IPO
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Private-equity firm Carlyle plans to raise more than $1 billion in an initial public offering but the IPO is likely to be priced with a lower-than-expected valuation, according to bankers familiar with the matter, The Financial Times reported.
Carlyle's IPO could come as soon as September, the newspaper said.
The bankers said recent stock market weakness means Carlyle would have to accept a lower price for its listing on the New York Stock Exchange than could have been secured earlier this year.
Carlyle had hoped to be valued at almost 10 times its "economic net income," The Financial Times said, but now can expect a multiple of about seven times unless market conditions improve, the bankers said.Carlyle has $108 billion of assets under management. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV