RadioShack, whose $1.4 billion market capitalization is "more representative of the mid cap market space" according to S&P, will join the S&P Midcap 400, replacing Harte-Hanks (HHS), which will move to the S&P Smallcap 600.
Harte-Hanks is pushing out Hutchinson Technology (HTCH), which S&P said has the smallest market cap in the index.Shares of RadioShack closed Thursday at $13.20, up 2%, on volume of 4.5 million, above the issue's trailing three-month daily average churn of 3.4 million. The stock is down 30% year-to-date, and 40% in the past year. Its 52-week low of $12.28 came on June 16. Other changes include AMC Networks (AMCXV) replacing Boyd Gaming (BYD) in the S&P Midcap 400; Boyd Gaming moving to the S&P Smallcap 600 to replace StarTek (SRT). AMC Networks is being spun off from Cablevision Systems (CVC), which will remain in the S&P 500. Also, Holly Corp. (HOC) is replacing Frontier Oil (FTO) in the S&P Midcap 400, as Holly is in the process of acquiring Frontier Oil. Entropic Communications (ENTR) is replacing Holly Corp. in the S&P Smallcap 600. All these index changes are expected to take place after the market close on June 30. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV