Business Partners Need Open Communication
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- One of the most important ingredients to making a business partnership work is communication, says Jen Whinnen, co-owner of the Yoga Collective and owner of Three Sisters Yoga.
Owning a business on your own means "you're in charge, which is a blessing and a curse, but with a partner that takes some of that pressure off, which is awesome," Whinnen says.
Whinnen started Three Sisters Yoga in New York City in 2009 to train and certify yoga instructors. This past May Whinnen and a partner opened The Yoga Collective to offer new instructors a place to practice their own teaching.
Partners need to be honest and upfront with each other, she says."If something is bothering you, say something right away and keep it all out in the open," she says. "If you sit on it, it's going to explode." -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. To follow Laurie Kulikowski on Twitter, go to: http://twitter.com/#!/LKulikowski To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV