10 Best-Performing Mutual Funds of 2011
The $38 million Rydex Utilities Investor Fund (RYUIX) has edged up 8.9% this year and 20.5% over the past 12 months.
Southern Co.. (SO) is the fund's top holding, at 3.3%. It is up 5.9% this year. The company generates and distributes electricity to more than 4.4 million customers through its electric utilities in Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Mississippi. Power comes from company-owned plants.Dominion Resources (D), at 3% of the fund, is up 14% this year. It is an integrated energy company that provides electricity to utility and merchant customers. It also owns gas and electric transmission lines and a liquid natural gas import terminal. The stock has a 4.1% dividend yield. Exelon (EXC), at 3% of the fund, is up 2.2% this year. It's the parent of the utilities Commonwealth Edison of Illinois and PECO of Pennsylvania. It distributes electricity and natural gas to 5.4 million customers and owns 11 nuclear plants that generate 80% of its power.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV