10 Best-Performing Mutual Funds of 2011
The $34 million Kinetics Medical No Load Fund (MEDRX) has climbed 13.8% this year, including a particularly strong three-month gain of 12.8%.
Its largest holding, Biogen Idec (BIIB), at 8.9% of the fund, is up 48% this year. The company is a drug developer with a wide range of products.Novartis (NVS), at 6.2% of the fund, is up 5.9% this year. Its business includes branded and generic pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer products. Life Technologies (LIFE), at 6.1% of the portfolio, is down 4.9% this year. It develops biotechnology tools.
Alpine Realty Income & Growth (AIGYX) is up 13.2% this year, including a 6.3% gain over the past three months. It invests primarily in real estate investment trusts (REITs). Its largest holding, Simon Property Group (SPG), at 6.5% of the fund, has jumped 16.4% this year. The company is the largest retail REIT in the U.S., and its portfolio includes shopping malls, premium outlet centers and international properties. Its holdings recently included 393 properties, about half of which were wholly owned. Boston Properties (BXP), which makes up 5.6% of the fund, has risen 24.6% this year. It owns over 100 office buildings in major cities as well as at least 20 office and technical properties, a hotel, as well as residential and retail properties. Vornado Realty Trust (VNO), at 5% of the fund, is up 13.6% this year. It owns mostly office properties in New York and Washington D.C., and shopping malls and retail properties nationwide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV