10 Best-Performing Mutual Funds of 2011
The $409 million Hartford Global Health Fund (HGHAX) has risen 16.2% this year, including 11.3% over the past three months.
BlackRock Healthcare (MAHCX), a $336 million fund, is up 15.5% this year and 7.8% in the past three months. WebMD Health (WBMD) is the largest holding at 6% of the fund. It is down 10% this year. The company runs specialized Web sites that provide health information to consumers and health-care professionals, and it develops and runs private Web sites for health-care providers. Warner Chilcott (WCRX), the second-largest fund holding at 6%, is up 5.7% this year. The company develops specialty pharmaceuticals, including for gastroenterology, dermatology and urology products. Its 2009 acquisition of Procter & Gamble's (PG) pharmaceutical unit boosted its drug-making potential. The top performer in the top 25 holdings is health-insurance giant Aetna (AET), up 45.6% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV