Oakland-based Scientific Learning (NASDAQ:SCIL) is pleased to announce that ABC 7/KGO-TV News devoted a health segment on the success of its software that was used both in a failing east Oakland school and at home for a child who struggled with reading. The school version is known as Fast ForWord® and is conducted in a classroom and students are coached by a school employee. The at-home version is known as BrainPro® and comes with a remote tutor. Both software programs are proven to strengthen brains and accelerate learning.
Korematsu Discovery Academy principal, Charles Wilson, said his elementary students saw reading test gains of a year and a half on average after doing the Fast ForWord software exercises for one year. Wilson went on to say that many of his students have a history of not being able to catch up so this intervention is offering them their first opportunity for success.
At least two studies have tracked the impact of Fast ForWord on children with dyslexia who struggled with reading. After using the program for eight weeks, the brain images of dyslexic children in the study showed physical changes that indicated their brains were more similar to those of proficient readers.
That research appealed to Lissa Merit, whose 7-year-old daughter Samantha was struggling to read. The program was not offered in her school so her mom had her do the at-home online version called BrainPro. Her mom says that after just a few weeks she saw improvement in focus and attention."We wanted an intensive learning experience that is adaptive to the individual, that offers feedback and opportunities for learning," said Dr. William Jenkins with Scientific Learning. "We know that it works from study results and from the results we see in school districts across the country. It was an honor to see the success of our programs validated by the news media."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV