NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Annaly Capital Management (NLY), The St. Joe Company (JOE) and CB Richard Ellis Group (CBG) were among the few real estate stocks trading in positive territory Thursday as many stocks tumbled on a weakening global growth outlook.
Annaly Capital shares rose 0.7% to close at $18.72 on volume of 27 million, more than double the issue's trailing three-month daily average.
Earlier this week Annaly Capital said it will raise its dividend by 4.8%, paying its shareholders a quarterly dividend of 65 cents per share, up from its prior payout of 62 cents per share.
That brings the real estate investment trust's yield to around 13.9% going forward. St. Joe shares rose 4.4% to finish at $20.12, though earlier this month TheStreet Ratings downgraded the stock from hold to sell. Volume of 1.1 million was close to double the stock's normal churn.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV