China-Based Beaten-Down Stocks
Finally, it's a smart move for investors to start hunting around the China-based equities for short-squeeze and rebound opportunities since so many of these names have been absolutely annihilated over the past couple of weeks. Some stocks I would consider here are Sina (SINA), Baidu.com (BIDU), Sohu.com (SOHU), Yoku.com (YOKU), Changeyou.com (CYOU) and E-Commerce China Dangdang (DANG).
Sina and Sohu.com are two of the more heavily shorted China names, at 8.6% and 10.5%, respectively. That said, I think all of these could rebound sharply since almost every China-based stock is hated by the market right now. Understand that this is a trading call and not a call to invest in these longer-term, since China still holds a lot of risk at current levels.To see more beaten-down and heavily shorted rebound plays, includingA123 Systems (AONE), Tellabs (TLAB) and Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE), check out the Rebound Potential Plays portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV