CRANBURY, N.J., June 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Palatin Technologies, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PTN) announced today that Alan W. Dunton, M.D., formally joined Palatin's Board of Directors on June 22, 2011 as an independent director and member of Palatin's Audit and Compensation Committees.
"Dr. Dunton brings Palatin both substantial drug development experience and clinical research experience," said Carl Spana, Ph.D., Palatin's CEO. "He has played a key role in the development of more than 20 products to regulatory approval. We look forward to working with him as a member of our Board of Directors."
Dr. Dunton is president and principal of Danerius, LLC, a consulting company he founded in 2006. From January 2007 to March 2009, Dr. Dunton served as president and chief executive officer of Panacos Pharmaceuticals Inc. and as a managing director of Panacos from March 2009 to January 2011. Previously he was the President and Chief Executive Officer of Metaphore Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and as President and Chief Operating Officer of Emisphere Technologies, Inc. From 1994 to 2001, Dr. Dunton was a senior executive in various capacities in the Pharmaceuticals Group of Johnson & Johnson, including President and Managing Director of The Janssen Research Foundation. Dr. Dunton is a member of the board of directors of the publicly-traded companies Targacept, Inc. and Oragenics, Inc.
About Palatin Technologies, Inc.Palatin Technologies, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing targeted, receptor-specific small molecule and peptide therapeutics. Palatin's strategy is to develop products and then form marketing collaborations with industry leaders in order to maximize their commercial potential. For additional information regarding Palatin, please visit Palatin Technologies' website at http://www.palatin.com. SOURCE Palatin Technologies, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV