Ron Paul, Barney Frank Say Legalize Pot
If passed, the bill would give states the right to regulate, tax and control the use of marijuana and eliminate the federal government's jurisdiction.
|Rep. Ron Paul (R., Texas) and Rep. Barney Frank (D., Mass) are set to introduce a bill on Thursday to legalize pot.|
Frank has previously sponsored, along with Paul cosponsoring, a bill that sought deregulated use of medicinal marijuana and another that would have allowed possession for personal use.
The bill is reportedly called the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011.Frank has authored bills every year for longer than a decade that attempted to permit use of medicinal marijuana; many consider the Congressman one of the more liberal politicians in the House. Paul, a libertarian, endorses personal liberties over federal regulation. Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have already legalized medicinal use of marijuana; among them are California, Maine, Arizona and New Jersey. Paul's co-authoring of the bill comes amid his bid for the Republican presidential nomination. --Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV