PERRYSBURG, Ohio, June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Owens- Illinois, Inc., (NYSE: OI), the world’s largest glass packaging maker, has named Paul Jarrell the company’s new senior vice president and chief human resources officer. Jarrell succeeds Steve Malia, who retired at the end of May.
Jarrell will be responsible for leading the global human resource function by developing and implementing people strategies that enable O-I to achieve its business objectives. As O-I continues its growth, Jarrell will be accountable for global talent management and strengthening leadership and organizational development programs, while also supporting O-I’s expanding operations in Asia Pacific and Latin America.“Paul’s more than 25 years of global human resource experience in manufacturing will provide invaluable insights for our managers in leading, developing, rewarding and motivating our employees throughout O-I,” said Chairman and CEO Al Stroucken. “As a strategic partner to our business units, Paul will help ensure that we have the right capabilities in place to execute our strategic priorities.” During the past two decades, Jarrell has held human resource leadership roles at large corporations in the United States and Europe. He spent nearly 17 years with Alcoa, Inc., where he held various human resource, business management and consulting roles. His last position with Alcoa was vice president of human resources for Europe. He later served as director of human resources for the commercial businesses of ITT Corporation. Most recently, Jarrell served as the executive vice president of human resources for DSM, a life sciences and material sciences company based in the Netherlands. Jarrell is a graduate of Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV