The people have spoken. Earlier this week, PGi (NYSE: PGI) was awarded a People’s Choice Stevie Award for its latest innovation, iMeet, at the 2011 American Business Awards (ABA) reception. iMeet took home the trophy in the Favorite New Computer Service category and earned a finalist nod in the New Product or Service of the Year – Computer Services category.
“We’re thrilled and humbled by the number of iMeet users who took time out of their day to vote for us,” said Boland T. Jones, PGi founder, chairman and CEO. “With iMeet, PGi set out to reinvent video meetings by making them more personal and accessible to all people in an organization, regardless of their role, location or devices. This award is further proof that we’ve hit a nerve. We’re encouraged by the positive reception of iMeet as we continue to make better meetings a reality.”
iMeet takes video conferencing to the next level by giving users their own personal video meeting room online. The iMeet experience is simple, social and enjoyable – without the hassle of software downloads, hardware investments or IT support. Since launching in January, the iMeet community has grown to more than 35,000 people who engage in better video meeting experiences every day.
More than 2,800 nominations from organizations of all sizes, in virtually every industry, were submitted for Stevie Award consideration in more than 40 categories. Finalists were chosen by more than 150 business professionals nationwide during preliminary judging in April and May.In addition to peer judging, every new product or service nominated in The American Business Awards was automatically included in the vote for the People's Choice Stevie Awards for Favorite New Products. More than 140,000 votes were cast by the general public from May 12 through June 3, and the winners were honored at the ABA Awards Banquet in New York on June 20.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV