5 Tech Titans Teetering at the Brink
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Slumping stocks, stunted turnaround strategies and soured shareholder sentiments have helped shine a severe light on several tech CEOs recently.
The salty Yahoo! (YHOO) chief Carol Bartz has long lost her gruff charm and she may not be able to hang on to her job much longer, if new media reports stating that the company is searching for her replacement are true.
It's been a tough run for Bartz, who was brought in more than two years ago to bring order and direction to the disarray Yahoo! had fallen into.
But Bartz isn't alone. Other tech titans have been called out for failing to meet market challenges or, in some cases, driving the business into the ditch.Here are five tech CEOs in the hot seat who may not get through the year in their current roles. The ranking is in order of stock declines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV