5 Tech Titans Teetering at the Brink
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Slumping stocks, stunted turnaround strategies and soured shareholder sentiments have helped shine a severe light on several tech CEOs recently.
The salty Yahoo! (YHOO) chief Carol Bartz has long lost her gruff charm and she may not be able to hang on to her job much longer, if new media reports stating that the company is searching for her replacement are true.
It's been a tough run for Bartz, who was brought in more than two years ago to bring order and direction to the disarray Yahoo! had fallen into.
But Bartz isn't alone. Other tech titans have been called out for failing to meet market challenges or, in some cases, driving the business into the ditch.Here are five tech CEOs in the hot seat who may not get through the year in their current roles. The ranking is in order of stock declines.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV