You bring up a good point about the municipalities. You have to get your rate increases approved you know for the most part. Are you worried about that going forward that there might be push back?
DeBenedictis: Well, we get it approved by the state. Every state has a regulatory commission that regulates private companies. Municipal governments have no regulation. They can raise the prices because they are government themselves. We have not seen push back. We're still getting 10 to 10.5% return on equity awards on assets we put in and we earned that.
That's why our company is the number one earner of all the water utilities. So we just try and do the job the right way. We don't ask for more than we deserve but we don't ask for any less than we deserve and we're constantly putting in.
This year alone, we'll spend about $320 million dollars. We're only going to earn a little over $125, $130 (million). So you can see we're putting money back in the system. We're not harvesting and taking money out.Edited for length and clarity. Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV