NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The markets fell Wednesday after the Fed left rates unchanged.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 80.34, or 0.66%, to 12,109.67. The S&P 500 dropped 8.38, or 0.65%, to 1287.14. The Nasdaq lost 18.07, or 0.67%, to 2669.19.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said all he could say in his comments today, when he indicated growth will be slower than expected and inflation will pick up slightly. He noted a selling opportunity in the market and said the next two days will be critical and set the tone for the markets for the next few months.
Adami said the market can either head down after the S&P hits 1270 or move higher if it hits 1300.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV