NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets fell Wednesday after the Fed left rates unchanged.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 80.34, or 0.66%, to 12,109.67. The S&P 500 dropped 8.38, or 0.65%, to 1287.14. The Nasdaq lost 18.07, or 0.67%, to 2669.19.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said all he could say in his comments today, when he indicated growth will be slower than expected and inflation will pick up slightly. He noted a selling opportunity in the market and said the next two days will be critical and set the tone for the markets for the next few months.
Adami said the market can either head down after the S&P hits 1270 or move higher if it hits 1300.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV