9 Application Stocks to Watch
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Quest Software (QSFT), Progress Software (PRGS), Ebix (EBIX) and Actuate (BIRT) are among a few companies in the $584 billion application software industry. The industry is currently trading at a P/E of 18.3 with a return on equity of 24.4% and a dividend yield of 1.6%.
These companies have reported strong quarterly results and a positive outlook going forward. Furthermore, these stocks have no sell ratings and carry significant upside potential, according to analysts' 12-month price target polled by Bloomberg.
Starting on the next page are the stocks ordered in terms of upside, great to greatest.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV