1. Reynolds American (RAI), a holding company, operates in two segments: RJR Tobacco and American Snuff. The company's operating subsidiaries in the U.S. are cigarette manufacturer Reynolds Tobacco Company and smokeless tobacco products manufacturer American Snuff Company.
The company has a dividend yield of 5.40%. Reynolds went ex-dividend recently and paid its shareholders a dividend of 53 cents per share. The company has announced to pay a dividend of 53 cents per share ($2.12 per share on annualized basis) on July 1, 2011, indicating an 8% increase from 49 cents per share paid through the end of 2010.
Net sales for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $1.99 million, up 0.3% from the year-ago quarter. Net income stood at $353 million, or 60 cents per share, compared to $82 million, or 14 cents per share, in the same quarter of the prior year. Total growth bands increased to 16.3% from 13.6% in the year-ago quarter. Looking ahead, the company reaffirms adjusted earnings per share to range from $2.6 to $2.7, excluding implementation costs related to plant closures and tax items.Of the 11 analysts covering the stock, 36% assign a buy rating, while 55% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 2.2% to $39.00 in the upcoming 12 months. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Attractive Dividend-Yield Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV