2. Entergy (ETR), is an integrated energy company engaged in electric power production and retail distribution. The company's activities are divided into two main segments: utility and non-utility nuclear. Besides, it operates in the non-nuclear wholesale assets business. Entergy owns and operates power plants in the U.S. with about 30,000 megawatt of aggregate electric generating capacity.
The company has a dividend yield of 4.94%. For the first quarter of 2011, the company paid dividend of $148.7 million on its common stock versus $141.9 million in the year-ago quarter. Meanwhile, dividend on preferred stock remained constant at $5.01 million.
For the first quarter of 2011, net earnings improved 16.3% year-over-year to $248.7 million, or $1.38 per share. In the first quarter of 2010, earnings per share stood at $1.12. The company estimates its 2011 earnings per share to range from $6.35 to $6.85. On a longer-term basis, Entergy estimates utility net income to grow at 6% to 8% compound annual net income growth rate over the period 2010-2014.Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 26% recommend a buy, whereas 68% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 6.3% to $73.79 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV