4. Alliant Energy (LNT) is an energy services provider operating as a regulated investor-owned public utility holding company. The company's primary focus is providing regulated electricity and natural gas services to approximately 1 million electric and approximately 412,000 natural gas customers in the Midwest through its two public utility subsidiaries. Its utility business is divided into three main segments: electric operations, gas operations, and others.
The company has a current dividend yield of 4.14%. In April this year, the company declared and paid a regular quarterly dividend of 42.5 cents per share on its common stock. Meanwhile, in June the company's utility subsidiaries paid stock dividends on their preferred stocks. The company declared dividends for both its Wisconsin Power and Interstate Power light businesses ranging from 40.6 cents per share to $1.55 per share
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $72.2 million, or 65 cents per share, versus $43.4 million, or 39 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Total revenues increased 6.2% to $945 million from the first quarter of 2010. For fiscal 2011, the company has raised its earnings per share guidance to $2.75 to $3.00 from the earlier estimate of $2.70 to $3.00, excluding an impairment charge related to a wind site in Wisconsin.Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 50% rated a buy and the rest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. A Bloomberg poll foresees the stock gaining an average 6.5% to $43.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV