5. CMS Energy (CMS), an energy company operating in Michigan, has business segments classified as: electric gas utility and enterprises, non-utility operations and investments. The company operates through its wholly owned subsidiaries Consumers Energy Company -- an electric and gas utility; and CMS Enterprises Company -- a domestic independent power producer (IPP).
The company is trading at a dividend yield of 3.67% and recently declared 21 cents per share dividend on its common stock. Consumers Energy declared regular quarterly dividend on both series of its preferred stock. The company has declared dividends of $1.04, $1.125, and 96.9 cents per share on preference share A, preference share B and its Quarterly Income Preferred Securities, respectively.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $135 million, or 52 cents per share, compared to $85 million, or 34 cents per share, in the same quarter of 2010. Operating revenue increased 4.5% to $2.05 million. At the end of the quarter, cash balance stood at $801 million versus $755 million in the first quarter of the prior year. For full year 2011, CMS has reaffirmed its earnings per share guidance at $1.44, up 6% from 2010.Of the 14 analysts covering the stock, 64% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 6.9% to $21.11 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV