NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- These eight stocks from varied sectors have dividend yields ranging from 3.1% to 5.4%. Based on latest quarterly results and attractive dividend yields, these stocks have potential upsides of 6% to 26%. These stocks also have a strong dividend payout record. The average buy recommendation for these stocks is 45%, while average hold rating is 50%, based on a Bloomberg consensus.
8. Procter & Gamble (PG), focuses on providing consumer packaged goods and its products are sold in more than 180 countries through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, membership club stores, drug stores, high-frequency stores and neighborhood stores. It has on-the-ground operations in approximately 80 countries.
The company has a dividend yield of 3.12% and recently announced increasing its quarterly dividend from 48.18 cents to 52.5 cents per share on its common stock and on Series A and Series B ESOP Convertible Class A Preferred Stock. The dividend indicates 9% increase over the year-ago quarter. For 55 consecutive years, PG has been raising its dividend at an annual compound average rate of approximately 9.5%.
For the third quarter of 2011, the company recorded 5% increase in net sales to $20.2 billion from the year-ago quarter. Diluted earnings per share were up 16% to 96 cents during the quarter. For the upcoming fourth quarter, net sales growth is pegged between 8% and 10%, while earnings per share ranges from 13% to 20%.
Of the 28 analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Data from Bloomberg has analysts forecasting the stock gaining 11.8% to $71.79 in the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV