Packaging Stocks Look Hot: Opinion
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
By Hilary Kramer, InvestorPlace.com
But investors were not impressed with GRM stock. Graham Packaging priced the deal at $10 a share, which was well below the $14-$16 price range. And then newly minted GRM stock treaded water.Well, things certainly perked up this year for Graham Packaging. In April, Graham received a buyout offer from Silgan (SLGN). Then in the past few weeks, New Zealand's Rank Group joined the fray, making its own bid for GRM stock. The shares of Graham stock are now trading at $25.89. Yes, you don't have to play highfliers like LinkedIn (LNKD) to make money on IPOs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV