Allied Building Products Corp., a division of Oldcastle, Inc. (NYSE: CRH) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of Astro Building Supplies, Inc., a privately held wholesale building materials supplier based in Taylor, Michigan.
Astro Building Supplies, Inc., a two branch distributor of roofing, siding and windows, was founded in 1966 by Don Speer. While focusing primarily on the remodeling communities in Taylor and Roseville, Michigan, the two branches provide Allied with a necessary presence in southeast Detroit.
When asked about the acquisition, Don stated, “Over the past 45 years we at Astro built our business on impeccable service. I am confident that Allied will continue the tradition moving forward.”
About AlliedAllied Building Products Corp. is a wholesale distributor of exterior and interior building materials with $1.7 billion in annual revenues. Allied services professional contractors in 29 states with residential and commercial roofing, waterproofing, siding, windows, drywall, acoustical, metal framing and solar products along with all related accessories. Allied is a division of Oldcastle, Inc., the North American holding company for CRH plc (NYSE: CRH). For more information about Allied Building Products, visit http://www.alliedbuilding.com/.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV