WSI Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: WSCI) today reported operating results for the fiscal 2011 third quarter ended May 29, 2011.
- Net sales of $6,532,000 were up 40% from $4,657,000 in the year earlier period. Year-to-date sales of $17,742,000 were up 37% over the prior year-to-date period.
- Net income for the fiscal 2011 third quarter rose to $397,000 or $.14 per diluted share, an increase of 151% over the prior year’s net income of $158,000 or $.06 per diluted share Year-to-date net income increased to $559,000 or $.19 per diluted share versus the prior year-to-date period of $290,000 or $.10 per diluted share.
Michael J. Pudil, chief executive officer, commented: “We are happy to report significant improvements in both our top line sales and bottom line net income results in our fiscal 2011 third quarter. Our sales growth came from all portions of our business with both our recreational vehicle market as well as our energy business reporting solid revenue increases.”
President and COO Benjamin Rashleger stated: “During our fiscal 2011 third quarter, we made significant improvements in our gross margins with respect to our newer programs. The start-up costs that we incurred in the first two quarters of fiscal 2011 are now behind us.” Rashleger continued: “These improvements, as well as the continued solid performance in the remainder of our business propelled our earnings improvement in the third quarter.” Rashleger concluded: “We remain confident with our overall prospects going forward. The combination of our current base of business, as well as potential new opportunities bode well for our future success. We feel that the revenue and earnings improvement that we realized during the fiscal 2011 third quarter was a result of the investments we have made in personnel and equipment, and it demonstrates that we can continue to be successful as we grow into the future.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV