He said the bears were betting on a Greek default, but now that the doom-and- gloom scenario is off the table, the markets ushered in two new sets of buyers, hungry for quick profits.Cramer explained that the first group of buyers saw the decline in oil prices, and used those prices as a reason to buy any company that uses oil. Following that logic, users of other commodities like cotton and corn also rallied, as did consumer stocks, high-growth retailers and even the restaurant stocks. All the markets needed was a little good news and the buyers swarmed in. Cramer said that's why stocks like Lululemon Athletica (LULU) hit a 52-week high today, as Lulu not only benefits from lower commodity prices, but also has pricing power to raise prices on its goods at the same time. Also in rally mode, accessory maker Fossil (FOSL), Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), VF Corp (VFC), Polo-Ralph Lauren (RL) and Phillips-Van Heusen (PVH). Cramer said the second group of buyers in today's market were honing in on the industrial stocks, figuring that without a European collapse, these stocks, some of which are down 15% to 20% from their highs, would once again fall into favor. And they did. Cramer said the shorts in these stocks left the field as the buyers swarmed in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV