1. Satcon Technology (SATC) is a supplier of utility grade power solutions for the renewable and distributed energy markets.
Revenue reported for the first quarter of 2011 was $62 million, up 321% from the same period last year. North America contributed 76% of total sales, Asia factored in 22%, while Europe had only a 2% share.
During the quarter, the company shipped 276.5 megawatt industry-leading solutions. Satcon's utility scale solutions were over 240 megawatts, representing 87% of total units shipped during the quarter.Bookings for Satcon's solutions during 2011 first quarter totaled $35.5 million, or 132 megawatts, with North America generating 77% of the demand. Looking ahead, Steve Rhoades, Satcon's CEO, said, "For the second quarter of 2011 we believe the markets in North America and Asia will remain strong and that Germany and Italy will define their long-term FIT strategies. We expect Q2 revenue to be in the range of $50 to $60 million." The stock has 77% buy ratings and is expected to deliver 138% returns over the next one year. The stock trades at 7.8 times its estimated 2012 earnings. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Alternative Energy Stocks With Upside portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV