3. Amtech Systems (ASYS) manufactures capital equipment, including silicon wafer handling automation, thermal processing equipment and related consumables used in fabricating solar cells, LED and semiconductor devices.
Net revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $61.3 million, up 281% from $16.1 million for the second quarter of the earlier year, primarily driven by higher solar shipments. Total order value for the quarter was $73 million, with $60 million solar. At the end of March 2011, the company's order backlog was $195 million.
Gross margin improved to 40% from 29% in the second quarter of fiscal 2010, driven by efficient capacity utilization from higher shipment volumes. Net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $7.5 million as against $206,000 during the second quarter of the prior year.Amtech has revised its financial guidance for the full year 2011 upward with revenue seen exceeding $240 million, up 100% from fiscal 2010. For the third quarter of 2011, Amtech pegs revenue to range from $63 million to $66 million. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 67% and is expected to deliver 61% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 7.2 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV