5. GT Solar International (SOLR) provides polysilicon production equipment and sapphire and silicon crystalline growth systems and materials for the solar, LED and other specialty markets.
For the fourth quarter of 2011, the company reported revenue of $271.6 million from $194.7 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year. Sales were 40% higher than the previous year, while actual earnings per share zoomed 78% to $0.41 per share.
Gross profit for the quarter came in at $117 million, up from $73.1 million reported in the year-ago quarter. Operating margin was 30.5% as opposed to 28.4% in the fourth quarter of the previous year. Net income rose 56% to $51.9 million from $33.3 million during the same quarter last year.Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the third quarter were $362.4 million with an order backlog of $1.19 billion. Based on the company's guidance for fiscal 2012, revenue is expected between $1 billion and $1.1 billion, higher than the company's earlier estimate of $850 million to $1 billion. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 73% and is expected to deliver 30% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 7.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV