5. GT Solar International (SOLR) provides polysilicon production equipment and sapphire and silicon crystalline growth systems and materials for the solar, LED and other specialty markets.
For the fourth quarter of 2011, the company reported revenue of $271.6 million from $194.7 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year. Sales were 40% higher than the previous year, while actual earnings per share zoomed 78% to $0.41 per share.
Gross profit for the quarter came in at $117 million, up from $73.1 million reported in the year-ago quarter. Operating margin was 30.5% as opposed to 28.4% in the fourth quarter of the previous year. Net income rose 56% to $51.9 million from $33.3 million during the same quarter last year.Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the third quarter were $362.4 million with an order backlog of $1.19 billion. Based on the company's guidance for fiscal 2012, revenue is expected between $1 billion and $1.1 billion, higher than the company's earlier estimate of $850 million to $1 billion. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 73% and is expected to deliver 30% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 7.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts