5. GT Solar International (SOLR) provides polysilicon production equipment and sapphire and silicon crystalline growth systems and materials for the solar, LED and other specialty markets.
For the fourth quarter of 2011, the company reported revenue of $271.6 million from $194.7 million in the fourth quarter of the prior year. Sales were 40% higher than the previous year, while actual earnings per share zoomed 78% to $0.41 per share.
Gross profit for the quarter came in at $117 million, up from $73.1 million reported in the year-ago quarter. Operating margin was 30.5% as opposed to 28.4% in the fourth quarter of the previous year. Net income rose 56% to $51.9 million from $33.3 million during the same quarter last year.Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the third quarter were $362.4 million with an order backlog of $1.19 billion. Based on the company's guidance for fiscal 2012, revenue is expected between $1 billion and $1.1 billion, higher than the company's earlier estimate of $850 million to $1 billion. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 73% and is expected to deliver 30% over the next one year. The stock is trading at 7.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV