7. Woodward (WWD) is a designer, manufacturer, and provider of energy control and optimization solutions. The company designs, produces, and services components and integrated systems that manage and control the energy of fluid movement, motion, combustion and electricity.
Net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 were $419 million, increasing 20% from $349 million during the second quarter of the prior year. Net earnings were $32.1 million compared with $24.1 million in the same quarter of the earlier year.
Operating profit was $53 million as against $43 million during the second quarter of 2010 due to increased volumes, although partially offset by higher R&D costs and variable compensation.The company expects fiscal 2011 sales to come in line with the original guidance of $1.55 billion to $1.65 billion, and earnings per share between $1.75 and $1.90. The stock has 70% buy ratings and is expected to deliver 26% over the next year. The stock trades at 17.3 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV