7. Woodward (WWD) is a designer, manufacturer, and provider of energy control and optimization solutions. The company designs, produces, and services components and integrated systems that manage and control the energy of fluid movement, motion, combustion and electricity.
Net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 were $419 million, increasing 20% from $349 million during the second quarter of the prior year. Net earnings were $32.1 million compared with $24.1 million in the same quarter of the earlier year.
Operating profit was $53 million as against $43 million during the second quarter of 2010 due to increased volumes, although partially offset by higher R&D costs and variable compensation.The company expects fiscal 2011 sales to come in line with the original guidance of $1.55 billion to $1.65 billion, and earnings per share between $1.75 and $1.90. The stock has 70% buy ratings and is expected to deliver 26% over the next year. The stock trades at 17.3 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV