1. tw telecom (TWTC), is a provider of managed network services, specializing in data, Internet protocol (IP), voice and network access services to enterprises including public sector entities and carriers across the U.S. The company serves the U.S. metropolitan markets with its fiber facilities, which are connected by its regional fiber facilities and national IP backbone.
Total revenue for the first quarter of 2011 increased 6.9% year over year to $332.5 million, buoyed by strong enterprise revenue growth. The company swung to a net income of $12.6 million from a net loss of $4.5 million in the year-ago period.
U.S.-based Bowman Consulting Group has selected tw telecom to provide advanced data and Internet services to supply networking services to its 14 offices in four states. The services include Ethernet internet and IP VPN (MPLS) services, as part of a multiyear agreement. The services will connect Bowman's remote offices to headquarters.Attributing its 26 consecutive quarters of revenue growth to its strategy of continuous investment in people and software, TWTC comments that it plans to hike investment further to enhance profitability. The company is seeking to invest in a new kind of intelligent network that is application-aware and enables services. Further, it plans to invest in end-to-end application management. Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 38% rate this stock a buy, and the rest rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average of 20.4% to $24.17 in the coming 12 months. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 Telecom Stocks That Could Rise portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV