2. Virgin Media (VMED), engages in providing entertainment and communications services and operates in two main segments: consumer and business. The company provides broadband Internet, television, mobile telephony and fixed-line telephony services that offer a variety of entertainment and communications services to residential and commercial customers across the U.K.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company recorded revenue growth of 5.7% to $1,591.5 million, while operating income increased 58.9% to $179.9 million. During the quarter, free cash flow more than doubled to $162.1 million. Cable ARPU increased 2.6%, while mobile ARPU was up 7.3%.
Westminster and Virgin Media recently signed a pan-London IT framework deal valued at $307.9 million in order to introduce a new PSN-compliant next-generation network resource, which could operate as a one-stop solution for London's public sector when it comes to purchasing video, data, phone, Wi Fi and CCTV services. Using this service, public-sector organizations in London would be able to save almost $810,341.40 over the next five years.The company recently revealed that its ultrafast 100 Mb broadband rollout has reached a landmark four million homes, providing families in the U.K. a service that delivers over 16 times the average national broadband speed. The rollout for the remaining network of 13 million homes is on track and is expected to be completed by mid-2012. Of the 24 analysts covering the stock, 67% rate it a buy and 25% rate it a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 20.1% to $35.74 in the coming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV