4. Windstream (WIN), a communications and technology solutions provider, specializes in complex data, high-speed Internet access, and voice and transport services to customers in 29 states. The company provides a variety of solutions including Internet Protocol (IP)-based voice and data services, multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) networking, data center and managed services, hosting services and communications systems.
Revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was $1.02 billion, up 21% from the year-ago period. Operating income soared 14% to $282.4 million. During the quarter, the company added more than 27,000 new high-speed Internet customers in the consumer channel, while advanced data and integrated solutions rose 2.5% year-over-year in the business channel. Capital expenditure for the quarter stood at $159.6 million, increasing 164% year over year.
The company recently paid a quarterly dividend of 25 cents per share on its common stock. For 2011, the company has raised its dividend payout ratio forecast to 53%-60% from the earlier forecast of 52%-59%. For all of 2011, the company has reaffirmed its guidance and estimates revenue to range from $4.015 billion to $4.14 billion, OBIDA between $1.985 billion and $2.045 billion and adjusted OBIDA in the range of $2.045 billion to $2.105 billion.Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 40% rate it a buy and the rest rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts surveyed by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average of 11.7% to $14.68 in the coming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV