Financial Engines and the Pension Research Council (PRC) today announced the agenda for the Financial Engines / PRC Retirement Income Summit taking place on June 21, 2011 in Chicago. The summit will highlight the latest retirement income research from behavioral experts and economists as well as bring together thought leaders from academia, the plan sponsor community, and leading legal and regulatory experts.
“The Retirement Income Summit provides a unique opportunity for public policy officials, industry leaders, academics and plan sponsors to engage in thoughtful discussion on issues related to helping retirees turn their defined contribution plan savings into steady retirement income,” explained Christopher Jones, chief investment officer at Financial Engines and moderator of the event. “We believe that all parties have important roles to play in helping near-retirees and retirees tackle the complex and important issue of translating asset balances into retirement income.”
Human Resource and Treasury executives from approximately two dozen large employers representing a cross-section of industries are expected to attend the invitation-only event. The following distinguished speakers are scheduled to present at the Retirement Income Summit:
|Michael L. Davis|
|Deputy Assistant Secretary, Employee Benefits Security Administration|
|Charles R. Schwab Professor of Economics, Stanford University|
|Wallace R. Hawley Director, Stanford Institute of Economic Policy Research|
|Financial Engines Board Member|
|Jeffrey R. Brown|
|William G. Karnes Professor of Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Associate Director, National Bureau Economic Research Center for Retirement Research|
|Chief Investment Officer, Financial Engines|
|Managing Director, Financial Engines Retiree Research Center|
Topics to be discussed during the Retirement Income Summit include:
- The evolution of 401(k) plans from accumulation vehicles to sources of retirement income
- A regulator’s perspective on retirement income in defined contribution (DC) plans
- The nature of participant choice in DC plans
- The role and perspective of plan sponsors in delivering retirement income solutions
- How near-retirees make decisions around when to claim Social Security
- What issues the next generation of retirement income solutions need to address
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV