NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- VimpelCom (VIP) hit a new 52-week low Monday as it is currently trading at $13.02, below its previous 52-week low of $13.03 with one million shares traded as of 10:42 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 2.1 million shares over the past 30 days.
VimpelCom has a market cap of $17 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 12.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
VimpelCom in an integrated telecommunications services provider, offering voice and data services through a range of wireless, fixed, and broadband technologies in Europe, Asia, and Africa. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.5, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of nine and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
TheStreet Ratings rates VimpelCom as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. You can view the full VimpelCom Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV