NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- VimpelCom (VIP) hit a new 52-week low Monday as it is currently trading at $13.02, below its previous 52-week low of $13.03 with one million shares traded as of 10:42 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 2.1 million shares over the past 30 days.
VimpelCom has a market cap of $17 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 12.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
VimpelCom in an integrated telecommunications services provider, offering voice and data services through a range of wireless, fixed, and broadband technologies in Europe, Asia, and Africa. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.5, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of nine and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
TheStreet Ratings rates VimpelCom as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. You can view the full VimpelCom Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV