Best Buy (BBY) raised its dividend by 7% to 16 cents a share, the electronics retailer said Ton June 21. Its board also approved a plan to buy back $5 billion in common shares.
The higher dividend will be paid on Oct 25 to shareholders of record on Oct. 4.Pet supply retailer PetSmart (PETM) increased its dividend by 12% to 14 cents a share. The higher payout will be available on Aug. 12 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 29. PetSmart also announced a new $450 million share repurchase program, commencing on Aug. 1 and continuing until January 2013. Book publisher John Wiley & Sons (JW.A) announced on June 16 that it raised its quarterly dividend by 4 cents a share to 20 cents. The new dividend is payable on July 14, to shareholders of record as of July 5. The increase followed John Wiley's 2% uptick in fiscal fourth-quarter earnings, which came with a 2% rise in revenue as well. Host Hotels & Resorts (HST), a lodging real estate investment trust, raised its shareholder payout by 200% this month, to 3 cents a share from a penny a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV