iPath Dow Jones UBS Coffee Subindex Total Return ETN (JO) -2.7% Coffee prices are tumbling, leading JO to suffer its fifth consecutive day of declines. The ETN's string of losses has pushed it to its 200-day moving average for the first time since this time last year.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, sugar prices are heading higher, pushing the iPath Dow Jones UBS Sugar Subindex Total Return ETN (SGG) to industry-leading gains.
Trying to game individual crops can be a risky endeavor. The broad based PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA) is a better option. In early afternoon trading, the fund was in positive territory.
All prices as of 2:15 PM ESTWritten by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV