iPath Dow Jones UBS Coffee Subindex Total Return ETN (JO) -2.7% Coffee prices are tumbling, leading JO to suffer its fifth consecutive day of declines. The ETN's string of losses has pushed it to its 200-day moving average for the first time since this time last year.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, sugar prices are heading higher, pushing the iPath Dow Jones UBS Sugar Subindex Total Return ETN (SGG) to industry-leading gains.
Trying to game individual crops can be a risky endeavor. The broad based PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA) is a better option. In early afternoon trading, the fund was in positive territory.
All prices as of 2:15 PM ESTWritten by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV