- NUE has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 7.44% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The gross profit margin for NUCOR CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.10%. Regardless of NUE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NUE's net profit margin of 3.30% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.59, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that NUE's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.24 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 416.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $30.96 million to $159.84 million.
- NUCOR CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, NUCOR CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.42 versus -$0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.80 versus $0.42).
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts