2. Silver Wheaton (SLW) is a mining company, which generates its revenue primarily from the sale of silver. The company operates in nine business segments: the silver produced by the San Dimas, Zinkgruvan, Yauliyacu, Penasquito, Cozamin, Barrick and Other mines, the gold produced by the Minto mine and corporate operations.
During the first quarter 2011, the company reported revenue of $158.2 million, up 84% from $85.9 million in the comparable quarter of last year. The company sold 4.9 million equivalent silver ounces at an average realized price of $32.24 per ounce compared to 5 million ounces at an average price of $17.20 per ounce in the first quarter of 2010.
At the end of March 2011, cash and cash equivalents stood at $564.1 million, up 31.6% from $428.6 million at the end of Dec. 2010. Also, cash generated from operating activities increased more than doubled year-over-year to $127.2 million from $57.6 million.The company announced an inaugural quarterly cash dividend of 3 cents per common share (12 cents per common share, annually). The initial dividend of 3 cents was distributed on March 30, 2011. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 85% recommend a buy while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 73.8% upside to $52.47 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV