3. Hecla Mining (HL) is engaged in discovering, acquiring, developing, producing, and marketing silver, gold, lead and zinc. The company is organized into two segments: the Greens Creek and Lucky Friday units.
During the first quarter 2011, the company's earnings more than doubled to $43.3 million or 15 cents per share from $21.8 million or 7 cents per share in the year-ago quarter as a result of a 70.7% increase in revenue to $136.4 million from $79.9 million in the first quarter of 2010. Revenue growth was driven by higher metal (silver, gold, lead and zinc) prices. In terms of volumes, silver sales increased 15.7% to ~2.4 million ounces, compared to volume declines across gold, lead and zinc.
As of March 2011, cash and cash equivalents soared to $321.7 million from $116.3 million at the end of March 2010 as cash flow from operating activities more than tripled to $60.9 million from $17.8 million.Hecla reiterated silver production guidance in 2011 which will range between 9 and 10 million ounces. Also, the company forecasts total cash cost per ounce to be approximately zero dollars of silver produced, net of by-product credits, based on $1,350 per ounce of gold, and $1.05 per pound of lead and zinc. Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 44% recommend a buy on it, while 33% rate a hold. On average, analysts foresee 71.7% upside to $12 from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV