NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Stillwater Mining (SWC), Hecla Mining (HL), Richmont Mines (RIC), Brigus Gold (BRD) and Golden Minerals (AUMN) are among eight mining stocks with potential upside of 49% to 197%. Being analysts' favorites, most of these stocks have no sell ratings.
8. Richmont Mines (RIC) engages in the acquisition, exploration, operation, financing and development of mineral properties. The company currently produces gold from its Island Gold and Beaufor mines and expects to launch production at its Francoeur mine by mid-2011, augmenting total annual production to 100,000 ounces of gold.
During the first quarter 2011, the company reported earnings of $8.7 million, or 28 cents per share, compared to $1.8 million, or 7 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue soared 32.4% to $26.4 million from $20 million in the first quarter of 2010. Moreover, gold sales stood at 19,234 ounces at an average selling price of $1,389 versus gold sales of 15,841 ounces at an average selling price of $1,116 in the prior year's quarter.
At the end of March 2011, cash and cash equivalents totaled $47 million, up 18% from the Dec. 31, 2010 level of $40 million. While this includes $3 million obtained from the sale of the Valentine Lake property, the company achieved this despite a capital expenditure of $8.6 million and exploration and project evaluation investments made during the quarter.
The company announced a significant increase in the estimated resource base for the Wasamac property during the first quarter of 2011 and plans to complete an additional 35,000 meters of drilling on the Wasamac property in 2011, with the objective of expanding overall resources and defining the parameters for completing a scoping study by the end of 2011.Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. The stock has no sell ratings. On average, analysts foresee 48.6% upside to $9.73 from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV