Harbin Electric to Be Bought for $24 a Share
Harbin shares were rising 61%, or $5.11, to $13.50 in premarket trading Monday.
Harbin is being bought and taken private by Tech Full Electric, a Cayman Islands company which is owned indirectly by Tianfu Yang, Harbin's chairman and CEO.
Last Thursday, Harbin Electric's shares lost more than half their value after Citron Research again questioned whether a buyout offer from the CEO would come to pass. Citron last week called the offer a "sham" and said it was time for the Securities and Exchange Commission to halt the trading of the stock.-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV