BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Three drug approval decisions and a cancer drug data presentation highlight a busy week ahead in biotech.
Traders will be eyeing Acura Pharmaceuticals (ACUR) early Monday to see how the stock reacts following the U.S. approval of the company's tamper-resistant painkiller Oxecta on Friday night. Pfizer (PFE), Acura's marketing partner, will sell Oxecta in the U.S.
Acura shares closed Friday's regular session down 5% to $3.87 but is sure to rebound and move higher when trading opens Monday. How much so likely depends on the data and language FDA allowed in the Oxecta label describing the drug's tamper-resistant qualities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV