10 Most Convenient Cities in America
Zillow Home Value Index: $194,600
Year-over-year change: -8.6%
Walk score (out of 100): 66
By rights, Denver shouldn't be convenient at all. It has plenty of room to sprawl, it's in the middle of a state where a car is a godsend and subways and commuter rail are stuff of myth.
Fortunately, nobody told Denver that. The city's regional transportation district handled 83 million riders last year, with more than 75% of that total riding the buses alone. That includes the MallRide bus taking riders the length of the mile-long 16th Street Mall and dropping them off at its shops and restaurants for free seven days a week.
The light rail did what it could by taking on 19.8 million riders last year, but a multimillion-dollar expansion of that service and commuter rail can only make it more effective.
That's if you need to use transit at all. Lucky residents of its Lodo, Gold Triangle, Capitol Hill and Cranberry Creek neighborhoods have walkable access to amenities that rivals neighborhoods in more transit-oriented cities like New York, Boston and Chicago. In fact, 43% of all neighborhoods in Dever are easily walkable and only 19% require cars -- with Southwest Denver absorbing most of that total.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV