Analyst Matthew Troy's name was misspelled in an earlier verison of this article.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Bullish days could lie ahead in both the near- and long-term for the publicly traded railroad operators, thanks in part to some heady investments and a little bit of luck.
The rail industry has seen the increased prevalence of intermodal shipping and gains in domestic exports of coal over the past few months, two trends that bode well for stocks in the sector.
|Guangshen was among this week's railroad winners.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV