This was my first pair trade recommendation in early November last year, and it's performing as expected. Zions (ZION) is up 12.3%, and Piper Jaffray (PJC) is down 1%. That is exactly the type of performance you should expect from a long and short. Considering the bullish environment in stocks, the most impressive feat of the trade is the loss in Piper.
The conditions in regional bank are improving. At the same time, Wall Street is struggling to generate profits. This particular trade should be maintained by investors going forward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV