2. Westmoreland Coal (WLB), an energy company, operates in the coal and power segments. Its operations include five surface coal mines in Montana, North Dakota and Texas and two coal-fired power-generating units with a total capacity of 230 megawatts in North Carolina. Over the past week, the stock gained 6.1%.
The company announced this week that its shares would become components of the Russell 3000 Index later this month. Also this week, Westmoreland said it had reached a new four-year collective bargaining agreement with workers at its Absaloka Mine in Montana. Lastly, it said that it would be moving its new corporate headquarters to Englewood, Colorado in November 2011 for better visibility with other public mining and energy companies.
Last week, the company's board of directors declared a dividend of 53.13 cents per depository share payable on July 1, 2011. Each depository share represents a quarter of a share of the company's Series A Convertible Exchangeable Preferred Stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV